Known for rich diversity and a dense population, Vancouver is a seaport in British Columbia bustling on the west coast. Non-medical cannabis became legal in Vancouver at the same time as it did across the rest of Canada: October 17, 2018. Now, anyone over the age of 19 can stroll through one of the many dispensaries that stretch throughout the city.
Not every dispensary in Vancouver is equal, though; we wanted to put them to the test and find the best.
We have compiled a tried and tested list of the best dispensaries in Vancouver. Whether you are a local or just visiting the province, Vancouver is home to some of the best dispensaries in Canada. We have rated these dispensaries based on their variety, potency, quality, service and promptness and the overall atmosphere.
We are also going to look at what makes each Vancouver-local dispensary unique and the pros and cons of each of them. Our goal, ultimately, is to touch on each of the best dispensaries around, to show you the top options available; whether you are new to the city or you just want something fresh and new. Let us dive into our review of the best dispensaries in Vancouver and see which one takes the crown.
1. Village Bloomery – Most Readily Available Dispensary
Except for Christmas Day and New Years Day, the Village Bloomery stays open all year around. That means they have availability locked down; always able to provide bud or other cannabis product at the drop of a hat. Their main goal is to inform, educate and most importantly, to empower people based on the facts about medical and recreational cannabis and what different strains can do for the body.
What’s Unique About Village Bloomery?
- This dispensary makes it especially easy for those that are nervous about ordering online and would rather just talk with someone in person when buying their bud
- Village Bloomery member discounts available
- In-person experience allows you to get the full human connection when you go to the Village Bloomery dispensary
|• Puts the shopping experience into the customer’s hands for you to feel confident about having full control in your purchase|
• Educates and guides through purchase experience, to help you feel positive you’re making the right decision
• Friendly customer service and even customer support chat available on their website
• Growing social media community feels immersive and inclusive
|• Only open until 7PM on weekdays and 6PM on weekends|
• Products not available for sale online – only local transactions allowed
2. WEEDS® – Widest Selection of Premium Buds
WEEDS- what they offer is their very brand name. Firm believers in cannabis therapy as a viable treatment for a variety of conditions and/or symptoms; this dispensary offers the best cannabis Canada has to offer coast-to-coast. With 5 out of 8 of their locations based right in Vancouver, it’s no wonder why they’re some of the best that Vancouver has seen.
What’s Unique About WEEDS®?
- Educates and informs on how cannabis prohibition is more damaging to a person’s health than the plant ever was
- To find a WEEDS store in person, just look for the neon WEEDS sign!
- Potent, full-flavored product available at affordable rates
|• Bud is valued at a fair price for the quality|
• This dispensary takes pride in their customer care and the standards in place for each cannabis strain
• Wide selection of different cannabis products available
• Not just one dispensary to choose from – pick from one of their many dispensaries across Vancouver!
|• Must make sure to register online before heading to the dispensary to place an order|
• Free shipping only on orders $220 and up
3. Farm Cannabis – Craft Growing Specialists
Farm is a dispensary you can go into to unwind and feel right at home. They strive to maintain a positive, calm, and safe environment within their dispensary and it shows, as soon as you walk through the door. The community-based dispensary believes all adults should have equal access to marijuana, so they offer an environment free of discrimination, classism, sexism, or bullying of any kind.
What’s Unique About Farm Cannabis?
- Focus on community engagement and small scale “craft growing” for superbly potent cannabis strains
- Proud natives to Vancouver, Farm Cannabis understands how unique BC is and wants to preserve its cannabis roots and culture in everything they do
- Educates and informs their customers on the wealth inequality and homelessness crisis in Vancouver
|• Stays open 7 days a week and doesn’t close until 10PM|
• Dispensary is walker/wheelchair, pet, & bicycle accessible
• Valuable resource to the community, striving to stay inclusive, informed and thoughtful
• Large selection of reasonable prices and daily deals for each day of the week for special sets of sales
|• Cannabis products available are not available for view on their dispensaries website|
• Tiny storefront in the middle of downtown east side doesn’t look the most inviting
A knowledgeable, dedicated, friendly dispensary; WestCanna is ready to serve the Vancouver community in every way possible. Though they currently only serve MMPR patients, they will be gradually branching out into non-medical waters over the next year.
This dispensary proves to have the most potential across Vancouver, with an extensive selection of top-grade medical marijuana available at any given point. Smaller quantities are a little pricier than what you can get elsewhere; however, WestCanna makes up for it with the quality of their strains.
What’s Unique About WestCanna?
- Serves MMPR patients as the staple medical marijuana dispensary in Vancouver
- Extensive array of products includes flower strains, topicals, tinctures, edibles, shatter, CO2 extracts and more
- Largest in-person dispensary across Canada!
|• Diverse selection of both THC- and CBD-rich strains|
• Classiest, most spacious and decadent local dispensary around Vancouver
• Atmosphere feels welcoming to anyone, even those who would not normally be found in the cannabis scene
• Staff is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about the strains available in their Vancouver dispensary
|• Must go through an application process before you can browse the store in person|
• Prices can be higher than most other dispensaries
5. Green Leaf Express – Finest in Premium Quality Cannabis
Located in Vancouver, BC, Green Leaf Express provides BC’s finest buds across all of Canada. They have a pleasant array of flowers, edibles, potent CBD products, concentrates and topicals. Through this dispensary, you get a delivery service that guarantees a safe and reliable means of accessing medical-grade marijuana; delivered discreetly right to your doorstep.
What’s Unique About Green Leaf Express?
- Offers pharmaceutical-grade cannabis from BC’s finest licensed medical marijuana growers
- Regularly has a wide range of promotions and deals going at one time for variety in your purchase options
- Massive range of distillate concentrates, different flower strains, edibles, and more
|• Coupon codes regularly available to save even more money with each purchase|
• Specialize in potent, tasty and unique varieties
• Growing Green Leaf Express community is over 100,000 users strong
• Vancouver-local dispensary provides discrete, quick deliveries across the nation
|• Some of their better-known products are a little pricey, like their Alien OG flower strain and some of their CBD products|
• Bulk purchases are recommended to get the most value out of each product
6. Evergreen Cannabis Society – Vancouver’s First Retail Cannabis Store
The Evergreen Cannabis Store was the very first recreational retail store to ever touch down in Vancouver. For the locals here, Evergreen is regarded as one of the best dispensaries in Vancouver; one of the most knowledgeable, friendliest retail establishments in the city. Though they don’t get started until 11AM in the day, this dispensary had a massive variety to choose from of decadent cannabis treats.
What’s Unique About Evergreen Cannabis Society?
- Educates clientele on the risks put into purchasing cannabis even still today
- Bilingual community center is inviting and inclusive to anyone and everyone
- Wants to offer information to the community regarding enjoyable and safe cannabis use while also providing the best available “green” options
|• Best cannabis vaporizers and top-leading cannabis products on the market available through this dispensary|
• Reviews are readily available on the Evergreen website to see what others think of the dispensary
• Vancouver-local dispensary that focuses on what the people want
• Affordable, reasonable prices across a wide selection of different cannabis products
|• Open every day of the week, but they don’t open their doors until 11AM|
• Products only available for purchase in person
7. Buddha Barn – Unparalleled Service with Expert-level Knowledge
Also known as one of Vancouver’s favourite dispensaries, the Buddha Barn team prides themselves on their expert-level product knowledge, stellar customer service and professionally run dispensary. You can go to this dispensary for advice on what to try next or what to try first.
Moreover, their staff is well-versed in strain selection, consumption methods, dosage requirements, illness-specific questions and much more. If you want to know you’re getting the best treatment, the specialists here know what they are doing!
What’s Unique About Buddha Barn?
- Highly-trained staff are confident in answering illness-specific questions and helping you find the best strain or cannabis product for your specific condition or symptom
- Strict product testing policy ensures you’re getting the most potent and safest cannabis product from any of Buddha Barn’s suppliers
- Enter an inviting, welcome environment with a friendly staff that takes customer service to the next level
|• No charge to become a member – simply stop by the shop and present your government issued ID, fill out the form, and you are good to go|
• New patients are always welcome
• Staff can provide the best recommendations for the right product for you
• Community-driven dispensary is proud of their members and what they can do for their people
|• BC cannabis regulations keep Buddha Barn from being able to post product photos on their website|
• Price for single grams of flower are a little higher than usual, though the potency is incredible
8. City Cannabis CO. – Vancouver’s First Legal Cannabis Boutique
City Cannabis is proud to offer everything you love about the city of Vancouver in one convenient spot.
Each team member is passionate about quality, accessibility and sustainability; which is why their dispensary is the perfect combination of all three. Expect a serene urban oasis that’s a pleasant escape from the hectic pace of Vancouver’s city life.
One of the very first fully legal cannabis retail brands in Canada, City Cannabis Co. is proud of the accomplishments they have made so far. All locations are provincially and municipally licensed, which means any adult over 19 years old can enjoy their cannabis products legally.
What’s Unique About City Cannabis CO.?
- Massive selection of products available, from CBD to carefully selected books on cannabis
- Vancouver-local and proud of their Canada roots
- Invites anyone to their dispensary, even if you are still hesitant and just want to check out the store
|• Social-driven dispensary has built up a community across many social media platforms|
• Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of everyday life
• Interactive iPad menus across the store make it easy to feel invited and welcomed when you walk in
• Staff is friendly and helpful in assisting you with finding the best cannabis product for your specific needs
|• Only able to order products through provincial wholesale distribution, so if you can’t find a specific strain and the wholesale distribution isn’t offering it anymore, it’s just not available|
• Products can only be purchased in person due to BC cannabis regulations
Make sure to check out the dispensaries above if you want to get a good feel for them yourself. Everyone is different, so everyone will have a different experience! The ones we listed above are the best dispensaries in Vancouver that we have had the pleasure to come across and experience.
Based on rigorous testing and many take-home treats to sample and review; these are the top 8 best dispensaries in Vancouver that you can go to. We specified which ones were based primarily on quality, on value and which dispensaries had a perfect combination of the two. We hope you were able to find the best dispensary in Vancouver, based on our rigorous standards and with a little help from this guide.
Have you tried any of the dispensaries in Vancouver on our list? What’s been your favourite dispensary experience, and where was it at? Let us know in the comments below!